How do TerraCycle®'s recycling envelopes work?
Participating is easy! Simply follow the steps below:
- Collect your waste at home
- Order a prepaid envelope using the request form, found on the relevant recycling envelope page
- Once received, remove the prepaid return label from inside your envelope and cover your address with it
- Place your waste inside the envelope
- Post your envelope to send it to TerraCycle®. Its contents and the envelope itself will be recycled!
What happens to my waste after I send it to TerraCycle®?
Once collected, the waste is broken down and separated by material. Plastics are cleaned and pelleted to be recycled into new products, such as picnic tables and park benches. Metal materials are sent for smelting and conversion to new alloys.
The envelopes are recycled with other flexible plastics we receive through our free recycling programs and given a new life as recycled products, like benches or watering cans.
Do I need to have a TerraCycle® account to order a recycling envelope ?
You do not need an account to request a prepaid envelope through the TerraCycle® website.
Can I earn TerraCycle® points for the waste I send in my recycling envelope?
The recycling envelope does not offer TerraCycle® points.